Tuesday night at the table
Tuesday nights always call for something creative in our kitchen! Simply because it's the night before garbage day. Appetizing isn't it? On Tuesday night I try to whip up something that promises to use anything that wouldn't make it to the next garbage day one week later. It is a fun way to come up with some new recipes and keeps me from making the same thing over and over. This week was pork sausage spaghetti with roasted vegetables! I always try to use our own produce whenever possible. Our mild sausage did just the trick and got me out on the bbq for the first time this "spring".
Pork Sausage Spaghetti with Roasted Veg
1. Preheat your oven to 400. Cook your roasted veg for 25 minutes. We used zucchini, carrots and green beans but remember any veg or whatever won't last in your fridge will do the trick!
2. Bbq your choice of meat. We used 6 mild sausages which was more then enough!
2. Add water to a large pot, adding spaghetti at boiling point.
3. In a large sauce pan mix one can of tomato paste with 3-4 diced roma tomatoes.
4. Use a garlic press to add 3 cloves garlic and 1 diced onion. Let simmer while roasting.
5. Drain pasta, using the pot to house all other ingredients. Add sauce, sliced pork sausage, and roasted veg. Parmesan cheese as preferred (that means lots for all in our house).
Voila! Now to come up with a new name other then garbage dinner... xo